Frozen shoulder is also called periarthritis of the shoulder joint, commonly known as frozen shoulder and fifty shoulders. The shoulder pain gradually developed, especially at night, and gradually aggravated. The movement function of the shoulder joint is restricted and gradually worsened. After reaching a certain level, it gradually relieves until the final recovery is the main manifestation of the shoulder joint capsule and its surrounding ligaments, tendons, and tendons. Chronic specific inflammation of the bursa. Frozen shoulder is a common disease with shoulder joint pain and inconvenience as the main symptoms.
1. Shoulder cause
(1) This disease mostly occurs in middle-aged and elderly people over 40 years old, with degenerative soft tissues and a weakened ability to withstand various external forces;
(2) Chronic injury caused by long-term excessive activity and poor posture;
(3) After upper limb trauma, the shoulder is fixed for too long, and the tissue around the shoulder is atrophy and adhesion secondary;
(4) Inappropriate treatment after acute contusion and traction of the shoulder.
2. External factors
Cervical spondylosis, heart, lung, and biliary tract diseases caused by shoulder pain, caused by persistent spasms and ischemia of the shoulder muscles due to the long-term unhealed primary disease, the inflammatory lesions formed, which turned into a true frozen shoulder.
At present, conservative treatment is mainly used for frozen shoulders. Oral anti-inflammatory and analgesics, physical therapy, partial closure of pain points, massage and massage, self-massage and other comprehensive therapies. Perform joint function exercises at the same time, including active and passive abduction, rotation, extension and flexion, and circular movement. When the shoulder pain is significantly reduced and the joints are still stiff, it can be loosened under general anaesthesia to restore the range of joint motion.
The steps and methods of self-massage are:
1. Use the thumb or palm of the contralateral side to rub the front and outside of the affected side's shoulder joint from top to bottom for 1 to 2 minutes. You can use your thumb to tap for a while at the local pain point.
2. Use the second to fourth fingers of the uninhibited hand to press and rub each part of the back of the shoulder joint for 1 to 2 minutes. If there is a local pain point during the rubbing process, you can also use your finger to click for a while.
3. Knead the upper arm muscles of the upper limb on the affected side with the joint action of the thumb and the rest of the fingers on the contralateral side, from bottom to top to the shoulder, for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. In the case of suffering from shoulder abduction and other functional positions, use the above-mentioned method to massage, and massage in all directions of the shoulder joint.
5. Finally, knead the palm from top to bottom with the palm for 1 to 2 minutes. For the part that cannot be massaged at the back of the shoulder, the patting method can be used for treatment.
Self-massage can be performed once a day for 1 to 2 months, and it will have better results.
Zhou Ning, Shao Bin, Chen Yong, Peng Jun, etc. Single-blind study of shock wave treatment of the frozen shoulder. "Chinese Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine", 2009
Chen Yinhai, Lai Yunzhu. Comprehensive assessment of joint mobilization for the treatment of the frozen shoulder. "VIP", 2000
Chen Zhenhu. Treatment of 42 cases of frozen shoulder with warm acupuncture and moxibustion. "CNKI; WanFang", 2012
Hu Youping, Diao Xiang, Yang Yunkuan. Overview of clinical efficacy evaluation methods for frozen shoulder. "Jiangxi Traditional Chinese Medicine", 2007
Han Zhenxiang, Qi Lili, Chu Lixi, etc. Acupuncture and moxibustion combined with active functional exercise to treat frozen shoulder by stages. "Chinese Acupuncture", 2014